Fantasy: Untrue Stories of Lesbian Passion
Edited by Barbara Johnson & Therese Szymanski
Publisher: Bella (the Bella After Dark imprint)
Payment: $50 and 2 copies of the book
Submission deadline: December 1, 2006 (to be published in 2007)
Amidst all the anthologies of “true” and “real” lesbian sex, Barbara Johnson and Therese Szymanski have realized that well-told fantasy is often far hotter than anything reality has to offerso, always on the playful side of things, they’ve decided they want untrue stories of lesbian love, passion and sex.
The kicker is this: All stories must be written in first-person. They should read like true stories, but we want you to bring your hottest, wettest fantasies to us personally in a very personal way. So pull the readers into the storymake them hot, make them wet, and make them want
more. Put your all into it, and keep in mind that we love good stories! Humor and twist endings are fun, but the stories must also be hot and sexy. Give us your very best!
Please note, we do love twist endings and surprises. Give us real characters, real stories and real sex. Make us wish it had happened to us. Knock our socks off. Also, we highly recommend you write your tale, then rewrite it, then put it aside for a while and proofread it before sending it in to us. Typos, punctuation, grammar, odd/incorrect POVs, and other things DO count. And don’t underline. Anything. Really.
1) Stories should be between 2,000 and 10,000 words in length.
2) Please submit a typed, double-spaced hard copy in at least 12-point type. Preferably in a nice, readable serif font like Times New Roman.
3) Characterization, plot, and story are key. (Really. Tell us a good, hot story!)
4) Stories must be erotic, be written in the first person, and be an untrue story of lesbian passion between two woman, or three, or a roomful. Lesbian is the key word.
5) Name, address, phone number, word count, and email address (if applicable) should all appear on the first page. (If accepted, final manuscript must be submitted electronically.)
6) Include a 50-word bio with your submission.
7) Only previously unpublished stories or stories that have appeared on the Internet will be considered.
8) Only three submissions per person please.
9) Include an SASE with sufficient postage to return the manuscript, or, if manuscript is disposable, please state so in your cover letter.
10) Out of Country? If you email Szymanski very nicely beforehand, politely requesting that you be allowed to submit your story via email, she may let you, at her discretion. Her email address is email@example.com. Be simple and short with your request, and please format your ms with US standards of 8.5 x 11, etc.
11) Handy hint: If you don’t necessarily need/want the manuscript back, but would like to know if you’ve been rejected, please include a #10 SASE (that is, Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope) so we can let you know if we’re unable to use your story with a simple form letter.
Contributors will be paid upon publication and will receive two copies of the anthology. No final decisions about stories to be included in this anthology will be made before 3/1/07.
Send all manuscripts to:
8500 16th Street, #128
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Please do not send manuscripts in any way that requires a signature upon delivery. If you enclose a self-addressed stamped postcard with your story, Szymanski will be happy to drop it in the mail upon receipt.
About the Editors:
Barbara Johnson is the bestselling author of Strangers in the Night, Bad Moon Rising, The Beach Affair, and Stonehurst. Therese Szymanski is the Lammy finalist author of the Brett Higgins Mysteries/Motor City Thrillers and the editor of Back to Basics: A Butch/Femme Anthology and
Call of the Dark: Erotic Lesbian Tales of the Supernatural. And both edited A Perfect Valentine: Erotic Valentine’s Day Lesbian Love Stories together and are part of the Lammy finalist team for Once Upon a Dyke: New Exploits of Fairy Tale Lesbians and Bell, Book & Dyke: New Exploits of