Theme: Greenwood Publishing is producing a series on contemporary issues pertaining to women s lives, gender and sexuality in the United States as part of a larger multi-volume reference collection on controversial issues and debates in contemporary society. I am writing to seek your help in finding authors for the series on women, gender and sexuality. Battleground: Women and Gender, a two-volume set, will be used widely at universities, colleges, public libraries and high schools throughout the United States and other English-speaking countries. A positive aspect of this publication is that it reaches a wide audience that extends beyond traditional academic communities. It focuses on a broad range of historical, cultural, economic and political issues.
* body politics (e.g., eating disorders, plastic surgery, body modification)
* gender identities and expression
* women s health (e.g., breast cancer, fibromyalgia, menopause and menstruation)
* colonialism, imperialism and capitalism
* gender and globalization
* politics (e.g., women s participation in right-wing and leftist movements)
* religion (e.g., women and fundamentalism)
* environment and sustainability (e.g., women s roles in development)
* representations of women in the media (e.g., film, television, music, advertising)
* sexual identities and practices
* lesbian and gay rights
* women's rights (e.g., Equal Rights Amendment, affirmative action)
* women and work (e.g., productive vs. reproductive work, the double shift )
Each author is asked to write about a wide range of issues and debates concerning the chosen topic. Entries range from 1,000 to 5,000 words, depending upon the theme. Authors will be awarded an honorarium and/or copy of the publication for her/his contribution (an author can offer to write multiple entries in this case, an additional honorarium would be offered). Please contact the editor for further information on specific entry topics and guidelines. Faculty, students, and independent scholars are welcome to contribute. Please forward this announcement to listserves and to other potential contributors.
CFPAddress: Please submit requests electronically.
CFPEmail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Email: Amy Lind, email@example.com
Deadline: August 1, 2006 (negotiable, depends upon entry topic)