Palmprint is pleased to announce its fourth annual short story competition to encourage and showcase tomorrow’s CP writers.
The winner and two runners up will be selected from all eligible entries based solely on merit. First prize is GBP 100, 2nd is GBP 50 and 3rd is GBP 25.
The contest rules are:
1. Send a short story or fantasy which you’ve written and which features adult corporal punishment. The competition will be judged by Sarah Veitch.
2. The story must be between 2000 and 4000 words, your own original work, previously unpublished and must not have appeared on the internet. Your work must not be offered to other publications (print or internet) until after the competition.
3. There is no restriction on entrant’s country of dwelling but entrants must be aged 18+
4. Submissions may be word processed or typed. Keep a copy as we can’t return any entries. Only one entry per person is allowed. The winning entries will appear in a future issue of Submission spankzine and may be edited. By entering the competition you agree to this.
5. At the top of the first sheet you must state ‘Palmprint Erotic CP Short Story Competition 2006’, the title of your story, its word count (to nearest 100 is fine) and your name and postal address. All pages should be numbered and stapled together in the top left hand corner.
6. Entries must be posted to:
PO Box 392
Ensure that sufficient postage is applied - we will not pay for postage due. Email submissions will not be accepted and will be deleted unread.
7. If you want acknowledgement that your entry has been successfully received then enclose a stamped self- addressed envelope that we can simply post back to you. Alternatively, include an email address if you wish an email acknowledgement.
8. The closing date is 31st August 2006 and competition winners will be informed by 30th September 2006. So if you haven’t heard from us by then you are free to send your work elsewhere. The winners will be contacted to determine the author name to be printed in Submission, together with brief biographic information if desired. The winners will also be announced on Palmprint’s website at www.palmprint.co.uk
9. There is no entry fee for the competition. All prize monies will be paid by Palmprint via Pounds Sterling cheque drawn on a UK bank.
10. Stories or fantasies that contain incest, rape, racism, torture, characters under the age of 18 or any similar transgression will be disqualified.
11. For our sanity, no correspondence by letter, telephone or email will be entertained either during or after the competition.
12. At the discretion of Palmprint but with approval from the individual authors, a paperback anthology of adult punishment erotic short stories will be published in 2007 formed from the winning and commended entries from this and the three previous years’ competitions.
13. The anonymity of all entrants will be respected. Contact details supplied as part of competition entries will not be disclosed to any third party and will not be used by Palmprint for its own marketing purposes.
These competition rules may be distributed or published without the permission of Palmprint Publications.