This call comes from Gracie Passette, editor at Sex-Kitten.Net
So You Want to Write...
...The word is “sex.” You really have to be able to say it to be able to write about it. If you can say it out loud, Sex-Kittens.net has a place for you. We have a place for opinions, reviews and good stories.
Here’s a few things you need to keep in mind:
· Sex-Kittens.net is about women. You don’t have to be a woman to write for us, but we are female-friendly. Your audience is mainly about women and sex.
· New writers to the site are invited to appear in the Guest Room. If you wish to become a regular contributor, let us know. It is our policy that you appear in the Guest Room for a few issues, and then we talk about a room of your own.
· The male of the species is always welcome, but we do ask that you contribute to the Parlor. You are welcome as often as you wish to stop by.
· Most of our issues do have a theme, though you are not required to write on that theme all the time.
· We honor and encourage writing about all kinds of sex and romance. We have a place for straight couples, polyamorous relationships, singles, romantic sex, bdsm, lesbian, bi-sexual, transgendered confusion, tantric awareness, straight missionary sex, wild kinky sex, interracial, interfaith, conservative, wiccan, traditional, historical perspectives or settings, fantasy sex, and combinations thereof. The only things we will not tolerate are rape, bestiality, underage, and abusive sex, or pieces that propose or perpetuate hate.
· At present, we are not a paying site, but we do offer you writing credentials that can be used in other locations. We even write letters of recommendation.
What are we looking for?
· First of all, good writing. Most articles are between 200 and 1,000 words. If you have more to say, we can and do go longer. We ask that you at least run the article through a spell checker before it is submitted. At this time we are posting your materials as you write them. The basic function of our editorial staff is to organize and present. We do not do too much in the way of editing for grammar and all that stuff. So, you should check that out for yourself. If it requires a lot of editing to be web-presentable, we probably won’t be able to use it.
· We want passion. If you are interested in a topic, so will our readers. Let your voice be heard in the article. Talk to us.
· If you voice an opinion, give us reasons. Back to persuasion 101: state your ideas and give reasons for them. The reasons can be personal or factual, but we would really like to have some reasons for what you’re saying.
· If you write a story, be sure it’s really hot, but don’t forget the basics of writing like plot, character, scene, etc. One difference when writing for women, we want to be told a story. Of course, we want the sex. But there has to be a reason for that sex. Make the sex a part of the story that grows out of the characters and their situation. You know the basics.
We do accept erotic story submissions at Sex-Kitten.net, however, we do recommend that if you are serious about writing high quality erotica which will appeal to women, that you also consider our sister story site, Tit-Elation.com.
· We have reviews of books, web sites and toys. We are always on the lookout for new and exciting items. When you tell us about these, we want to know whether or not you liked it and why. We are asking for a little insight into your rationale.
How do you get in touch with us? and submit?
· Your basic contacts are Gracie@sex-kittens.net, BettiMustang@sex-kitten.net, and Jewel@sex-kittens.net. We are the editors; We are the ones you want to impress.
· If you have an idea, please contact us first and put "SK Idea" in the subject line of your e-mail.
· Unless asked to, NEVER attach a story or article. Paste it into the body of an e-mail and send it that way. We don’t open attachments.
· We ask that you give us a day or two to respond. Most of the time we answer within 2 days to an inquiry, but there are just some days when we have to do the normal, every day female things, like shop, dishes, laundry, sex, toy shop, date….
We look forward to hearing from you. You have something worthwhile to say and we want you to share it with us.